2020 has been one of the most eventful years of my life. My businesses grew, my family grew, a pandemic, a business launch, bushfires and all of the usual every day battles we face. I think we can all agree, it’s been a big one.
This week, I thought it would be a good idea to review the past year and consider what lessons we have learnt and what obstacles we’ve overgrown.
A yearly review is a great mindfulness activity and it will also help you to set some intentions for the new year ahead. It allows you to slow down, appreciate, learn and come to conclusions about what you think went well and what could have gone better.
In this weeks post, you’ll find a list of questions that you can use as prompts to reflect on different parts of 2020. You may choose to answer the questions in your head as you’re reading them, but I would recommend you set some time in your schedule to journal on them.
1. What is one event from 2020 that you can tell your children about one day?
2. What did you learn about yourself?
3. What goals did you reach?
4. If you had to describe 2020 in only 5 words, what would they be?
5. Who was your number one person this year?
6. What new skills did you learn?
7. What are you thankful for?
8. What was the best news you received?
9. What challenges did you overcome?
10. What was your most common mental state?
11. What was your favourite memory?
12. What was the funniest moment of your year?
13. What did you do this year to improve somebody else’s life?
14. What new habits did you cultivate?
15. What is something you would have done differently?
16. What advice would you give yourself 12 months ago?
17. What or who made the biggest impact on your life this year?
18. What was the biggest problem you solved?
19. Did you do anything for the very first time?
20. What goals did you start to work towards?
As you answer the above 20 questions, remember to take your time and truly reflect. It’s been a huge year with a lot of challenges, but you’ve done it! There’s nothing more amazing than surviving a year you didn’t think you would.
Counsellor + Wellness & Mental Health Coach
Hi, I'm Shorina and I'm an Australian Counsellor + Wellness & Mental Health Coach. I'm here to support you to redefine your relationship to self and life! I incorporate a mind, body and soul wellness approach to my work with a focus on healing and mindfulness ♡